For 8 persons
- 180g white quinoa
- 3 large red tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb. fresh spinach, tightly packed
- 560ml low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 170g freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 30g thinly sliced basil, for garnish
Preheat to oven to 200°C. Prepare quinoa according to package instructions, using chicken broth. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Into a large baking tray, combine the cooked quinoa, onion, spinach, Italian seasoning, Parmesan, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Spread into an even layer.
Layer slices tomato with sliced mozzarella on top.
Bake until cheese is melty and slightly golden, 30 minutes.
Garnish with basil before serving.