For 4 persons
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- 50g fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 800ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 cups cooked rice
- chopped green onion and Thai chili peppers for garnish
Reserve 2 tablespoons of the cilantro leaves and place the rest of the cilantro, ginger in a blender, blend until finely chopped.
Heat a large saucepan over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of oil and cook the ginger mixture for 2 minutes, until fragrant and season with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
Add the onion and red bell pepper and cook about 5 mins.
Add the coconut milk and soy sauce and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and the remaining salt and simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes, and so the sauce thickens.
Spoon rice into bowls and serve with the ginger chicken. Garnish with the remaining cilantro leaves, green onion, and sliced Thai chili peppers.