For 4 servings
- 200g fresh basil leaves, rinse and drain
- 80g pine nuts, light toast, set aside
- 40g freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 15g cloves garlic, minced
- 320ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon salt and freshly ground black pepper, more or less to taste
Add the basil leaves and pine nuts into the food processor and pulse several times.
Add the garlic and Parmesan or Romano cheese and pulse several times more.
Scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
Lock the cover (open the small window of the cover) and run the food processor, slowly add the olive oil into the food processor.
Adding the olive oil slowly while the processor is running will help it emulsify and help keep the olive oil from separating.
Occasionally, stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Toss with pasta for a quick sauce, dollop over baked potatoes, or spread onto crackers or toasted slices of bread.