For 2 persons
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 220g packed fresh cilantro leaves and stems, plus more for serving
- 120ml fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 serrano peppers, halved and seeded
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 200g sushi-grade ahi tuna, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
Fill a small bowl with cold water. Add the onion and set aside to soak.
In a food processor or blender, combine the cilantro, lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, 1 of the serrano peppers and the salt.
Blend until mostly smooth but some texture remains, about 30 seconds. Spread the sauce on the bottom of a large rimmed plate.
Arrange the tuna in a single layer on top of the sauce. Top with the avocado slices. Drain the red onion and pat dry.
Thinly slice the remaining serrano pepper. Layer the onion and pepper on top of the avocado.
Garnish with fresh cilantro and freshly ground black pepper.Tips: Can use other sushi-grade raw fish instead of Tuna