For 8 persons
- 100g granulated sugar
- 70g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 680g part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 130g white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 170g fresh blueberries170g fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
Preheat oven to 180°C. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
Beat sugar and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until creamy.
Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
Reduce the mixer speed to medium-low and beat in ricotta, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and vanilla extract until just combined.
Sprinkle flour, baking powder and salt on top.
With the mixer on low speed, beat until almost combined.
Add blueberries and gently fold into the batter.
Transfer to the loft pan.
Bake the cake until starting to brown around the edges and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Let cool in the loft pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen the cake, then invert it onto the rack. Carefully turn it right-side up. Let cool completely.
Clean the bowl, add icing sugar and whisk in the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice until smooth.
Brush the glaze on the cake.