For 8 persons
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 3 heaping tablespoons of mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey plus extra for drizzling
- 125g of ham
- 170g shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- Everything bagel seasoning for sprinkling (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss together the asparagus, olive oil, salt and pepper.
In a small bowl mix together the mustard with the honey.
Roll the pastry sheets out on a floured surface and cut into 8 squares.
Spread 1-2 teaspoons of the honey mustard mixture over the middles of the pastry squares.
Layer 1-2 pieces of ham over the mustard.
Then layer the asparagus over the ham
Sprinkle cheese over the asparagus.
Take 2 corners of the pastry and wrap up and over the asparagus and cheese to enclose
Transfer to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining squares.
Brush each pastry with egg wash and sprinkle with the bagel seasoning if using.
Then bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot out the oven with extra mustard or honey drizzles.